mandag den 25. juni 2012

League match 4 will be Emo Space Vampires

My fourth match in the 40K Masters League will be against Blood Angels.

Mephiston as a teen?

Im facing down Thomas Gade and his Mephiston crew.

Now Thomas is a good player with alot of tournaments behind him and several top placements. So the match will be against a good general with a very good army.

The army list:

Mephiston
Sanguinary Priest

2x Furioso Dreadnoughts with blood talons

5x 5 Assault marines with a meltagun, minus jumppacks in razorbacks with twin linked assault cannons

2x 1 Attack bike with multimelta
Baal Predator with assault cannon and heavy bolter sponsons

3 Predators with lascannon sponsons

Thoughts about the matchup:

Thomas plays a vehicle heavy blood angel list. Nine vehicles, two walkers and two bikes.

Stuff that does´nt worry me: Mephiston, sanguinary priest, the dreadnoughts and the attackbikes.

Stuff that worries me: everything else.


Considering his vehicles are all fast, I will have to be very careful about how I approach the emo angels. Hopefully I will be able to swing around and engage him from an angle, where most of his army wont be able to reach me on the counterpunch.

So maneuverability will be king in the showdown between two fast armies. I got the slighyly longer range on most of my weapons. The blood angels got the durability of armor.

His predators with their long range will the primary target for my ravagers, since they can reach out and punch me in the face across most of the board.

Its probably gonna be my most difficult matchup so far in the league. Eventhough I lost my last match against the Tau, that was mostly down to dice rolls and my own mistakes. This time its against the nemesis of Dark eldar armies, massed fast vehicles.

Whatever way it swings the match goes down wednesday.

1 kommentar:

  1. Im looking forward to our match K-dawg!

    A slight notice: one predator has autocannon with heavy bolter sponsons.

    SvarSlet