onsdag den 20. juni 2012

Going to Clash of the Titans (part 2) this weekend


Yeah its time again for Clash of the Titans and throwing down dice with the Odense crew.

This time im not going alone. Klaus will be going too. He is one of my regular gaming buddies, who play Space wolves.

Last time i went to CotT i won two games and had a narrow loss. That was enough to put me in the first place with marginally more points than number two who was the orc player i lost to.

So now I have to defend my lead and hopefully build up some more points.

Will I be taking my Dark eldars again?


The question to that is probably no. Since im playing them in all my Warmasters 40K League matches and test games for the league matches I want to try something different.


That leaves me my chaos space marine army and my chaos daemon army. Two armies I love to play and have played extensively. But the entire point is to play something else.

I do have my entire Grey Knight army (Thousand Sons) sitting unpainted in battlefoam, just waiting for the time and inclination to get them painted up.
So considering that theres is no painting requirement at CotT, you just pay an extra entrance fee for every unpainted model, I really should bring them out and try them.

Experience vs. army power level


I had a whooping total of three games with them. All of those games were test games where I tried to get a feel for different army builds. A Crowe list, a Draigo wing and a balanced list.
I lost all three games  to my recurring nightmare Andy. The one where I got the closest to surviving was the one with the balanced list.

With that in mind im gonna take a balanced list since the specialized lists are good but they require experience to play them well.

A balanced list to some extent can be played like a shooting chaos marine list with powerful psychic, midfield and countcharge elements. That should allow me to not suck too much.
And considering the powerlevel of the GK codex it should leave me some room to make a mistake or two due to my lack of experience.

The list


To make a good balanced allround list, I have to get some rhino chassis on the table. They provide transport, cover and firepower in the form of five razorbacks. Three with twinlinked lascannons and two twin linked heavy bolters with psybolt ammo.



I also need some longranged firepower. This is supplied by three dreadnoughts with twinlinked autocannons and psybolt ammo.

Between these there should be be enough firepower to start putting dents in the opposition.

For the midfield work I have my psycannons. I will have a total of eight, two of which will be on my terminators and terminator HQ´s.

Thousand Sons terminators
Should the enemy come too close, a single group of purifiers and the terminators should be able to deal with most things.

Librarian
- sanctuary, shrouding, might of titan
Inquisitor
terminator armor, daemonhammer, psycannon

5 Purifiers
- 2 psycannons, 2 halberds, mastercrafted daemonhammer
- razorback: psybolt ammo, searchlight

5 Terminators
psycannon, 3 halberds, mastercrafted daemonhammer
4x 5 Strike squad GK´s
- psycannon
3 Razorbacks: TL lascannon,
1 Razorback: TL heavybolter, psybolt ammo, searchlight

3 Dreadnoughts
- 2 TL autocannons, psybolt ammo, searchlight

Tzeentch Dreadnoughts from Forge world

I will post battlereports next week from Clash of the Titans.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar