fredag den 29. juni 2012

CotT part two, match one

My schedule this week is crazy.
Theres alot of work to be done, before we wrap up this schoolyear on friday. And then its summer vacation.

Because of that my battlereports from Clash of the Titans round two will be pretty brief and abbreviated.
Its that or wait till next week before I post them. And next week I will have three more battlereports to post from, since me and a buddy, Jens Gertsen, is going to a doubles tournament on saturday. But more on that in another post on friday.


My army:


I brought Grey Knights, literally Grey .... knights. Everything was unpainted but I wanted to play something different. Also this would be my first real fight with the Grey Knights. All I had beforehand was two test games with different lists, so I was pretty excited about the games and testing my mettle with Grey Knights.

Librarian with might of titan, sanctuary and shrouding
Inquisitoir in terminator armor with a psycannon and a daemonhammer

5 Purifiers with two halberds, two psycannons and one daemonhammer in a heavy psybolter razorback.

3x 5 Strike squad Grey knights with a psycannon in a razorback with twin linked lascannons
1x 5 strike squad Grey knights with a psycannon in a razorbackn with heavy psybolter
5 Terminators with three halberds, mastercrafted daemonhammer, and a psycannon

3x Dreadnoughts with two twinlinnked autocannons and psybolt ammo

Battle one, vs Mordrak Grey Knight list


From the top of my head this list had:
Modrak
Librarian
3x 5 Terminators with halberds and psycannons, one of which were ghost knights
10 Strike squad Grey Knights
2 Landraiders

This match was weird. My opponent had the worst luck ever with his dice, for the two first rounds. Rarely have I seen rolling like this.

The deployment was dawn of war, I won then rolloff and gave the mordrak player turn one, he deployed nothing. I deployed my terminators and the librarian about in the middle of my table half. The idea was that I did not have to hike the all the way from my table edge.

I did not try to sieze.

The first couple of turns

Mordrak, his ghost knights and the librarian deepstruck in right next to my terminators.
This was when I realised my first mistake. I obviously did not know the extend of what Mordrak could do. So here I was setting myself up for an alphastrike I had just given my turn one away to avoid. Silly me.

Anyways it turned out that luck favors the silly.

Three dangerous terrain rolls for the librarian and two ghost knights resulted in three ones. None of them saved on their invuls.
Then the librarian mishapped with a double six on his Warp rift.


I came onto the table hard. Everything focused their fire on Mordraks crew which took some beatings but I had to assault them to wipe them of the table. I only lost a single terminator in the process.

The next turn the strike squad deepstruck in, but mishapped and I got to place them in a faraway corner. The landraiders moved up six and fired both lascannons. Out of four twin linked lascannons they managed to miss with three of them. The one that hit blew twin linked lascannon of one of my razorbacks.

I moved my army slightly forward to get in a better position and lure him to assault me out of the landraiders. Everything I had laid into the landraiders but nothing could get through them, my str. 9 fizzled, my str. 8 couldnt get a glance in, my str. 7 rending did not do anything. It was one big plingpling fest.

The next turn the landraiders moved up and committed to the assault. My terminators were assaulted and killed to a man. My librarian lived though because the previous turn he had left the other terminators and joined the purifiers standing behind them ready to counterassault.
Again four twin linked lascannons managed only to hit once, and that resulted in a shaken or stunned. I forgot which.

In the counterassault my purifiers and librarian ran into one group of terminators and two of my dreadnoughts ran into the other group to tie them up and effietively take them out of the game.



The remaining turns

From here on it was mostly shuffeling about for objectives. The landraiders proved very resilient to my fire but from turn three I did start to get in some glances to take weapons of them. The first dead landraider died in turn five-

When the game ended my opponent had the strikesquad which was sitting on an objective and one landraider which was immobilized in a tablequarter.

I had a comfortable win in a game that would have been much closer if my opponents dice had not acted up in the first couple of turns (notice that he swapped out his dice after turn three and began rolling ok from then).


I won on points something like 33 -22

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar