mandag den 18. juni 2012

Enter the Beastmaster unit


Having gotten slightly tired of running the exact same list every time, I posted a few weeks ago that I was going to throw in two new units in my skimmer circus.

The Hellions and the Beastmasters.

The Hellions are still being build and its not going particularly fast, since im busy with getting everything wrapped up at work before the summer vacation in a couple of weeks.

The Beastmaster unit is done though.

When both units are done and I had the time to do a decent amount of tests with each army build (see the post "Reinforcements have arrived" for the lists) I will post a comparison.

The Beastmaster unit

Not liking the GW Khymera models and thinking both Beastmasters and razorwing flocks is way to expensive I looked somewhere else in the GW range. The one demand I had, was that it had to be either plastic or resin and NOT metal. I bloody well hate metal.

After looking through both 40K and Fantasy, it came down to the following choices.

The beastmasters would naturally be made from Hellions. Just kit them out with close combat weapons and give them the blank full helmet and voila!



For the Khymeras I chose Chaos warhounds.

The Razorwings were much more difficult. But in the end the decision I made, after conferring with a couple of buddies, was to stick to the daemonic look that I had begun with the chaos warhounds.

And so the Razorwings of the Thousand Guns Cabal are daemonic instead of cute little birdies.

The Vargheists from the Fantasy Vampire Count army became my Razorwings.


3 kommentarer:

  1. Good choice for count-as razorwings. They look really cool on the table. However game wise i Think your original Big Unit of razorwings is Way more scarry.

    SvarSlet
  2. Thank you.
    Yeah I figured it was Hellions you meant :) And I tend to agree. The big unit of Hellions is potentially way more dangerous. But im gonna give both variants some test runs.

    SvarSlet