lørdag den 8. december 2012

30k and the Horus Heresy Pt. 1


I want to give my money to Forgeworld

I´ve fallen in love. The new Horus Heresy book from Forgeworld along side the awesome pre heresy minis has blown me away.
So I decided to hold all my other army projects to make a 30K army to use in narrative, fluffy and campaign games.
Well not entirely true. Im still gonna build on my CSM and allied forces for them. But my Grey Knights, Space marines, Tau and Daemons have been put on indefinate hold.

So do I have a deadline?


Not really. Im aiming at having the first 1500 points bought and painted no later than early summer 2013.
This post contains the ideas and thoughts behind my choices in regards to planning the 30K army I did. 

Loyalist og rebel scum?


World Eaters loyalists. Which side is not really important though, since I can use them either way.

Theres several reasons for me choosing World Eaters. Some a grounded in fluff, others in paintschemes and finally the combat doctrine of the army.



Paintschemes
I have a CSM Black Legion army (Sons of Horus), I also have a Crimson fists army and a pre heresy Thousand Sons count as Grey Knights army. So I want something different from the black of the legion, the blue of the fists and the golden red of the 1K Sons.

That leaves only a few armies that are not too similar to what I already got. As paintschemes go I went for the white, metal and blue of the world eaters. Its an entirely different paintscheme to my other armies.
So the paintschemes of the Thousand Sons, Ravenguard, Luna wolves, Dark angels, Ultramarines, Iron hands, Crimson fists, Nightlords, Blood angels, Alpha legion, Emperors children are either to similar or so not to my liking (/cough Alpha legion).

That leaves the Iron warriors, World Eaters, White scars, Space wolves, Deathguards, Salamanders and Word bearers.

Fluff
I really do´nt like the Deathguards. Magnus and the 1K sons have always been my one true love and Mortarion speaking out against Magnus at the council of Nikaea. So the Deathguard is out.

The Space wolves sacked, pillaged and burned Prospero and therefor I will never play them as either a primary or allied force. I hate them bastards for what they did to the Thousand Sons.

The Wordbearers are religious and fanatics. Awesome adversaries in the fluff for the empire but my personal dislike for fanaticism and extemists, makes me not want to play a so fanatical legion.

The leaves the Iron warriors, World Eaters, White Scars and Salamanders.

Combat doctrine
White scars play too much like my CSM bikers, the Salamanders are heavy on flame. Again much like my CSM. Iron warriors and their siege doctrine which is good and interesting never did appeal to me. That leaves the World Eaters and their "in you face" tactics.

Centerpieces

I plan on having three centerpieces for my army. These are both what holds the army together on the battlefield, but also what centers it on display.

Spartan Assault Tank

This badass will bring my angry angry marines to the enemy. While it does that it will also supply anti tank firepower with its quad lascannon sponsons.
Twenty angry marines being brought into the face of the enemy is awesome.



Storm Eagle Assault Gunship

Transport and gunship all in one. This flying gunship will bring another complement of PMS´ing marines forward to the enemy, It will also be able to lay down some serious anti infantry firepower.


Fellblade Super Heavy Tank

The Fellblade will be my tank killer.
With its accelerator cannon, demolisher cannon and quad lascannon sponsons combined with machine spirit, it will outright kill one, maybe two enemy hulls every turn.

 



Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar