fredag den 25. januar 2013

Danish ETC qualifier


Seems im going to the danish European Team Championship (ETC) qualifier afterall.


Half a year when the teams were consolidating and I was getting probed(?!??!!) by different teams I decided that I did not want to go for the 2013 qualifier.

Why not?

To be honest there were a bit of realism, a sprinkle of lazyness and quite alot of ego involved.

If I were to go it should be as a member of one of the top 2 seeded teams. Either that or a team with no intentions of going for the victory, but just for kicks and giggles.
Well the top two teams were full and keepin with the honesty theme,  with better players than me. The kicks and giggles thing didnt work out either. The teams that invited me to join them, all had aspirations to place somewhere in the top.

That is in no way a bad thing. I really appreciated the offers and respect the players on those teams. But it is either or. Not maybe baby. In for a penny, in for a pound(ing).

So I declined.

But yesterday, eight days before the qualifier goes down I recieved a phonecall from last years winner team. One of their players dropped out for personal reasons and they wanted me on their team. I did ask how many others they called before me and got a very diplomatic answer :)

I actually had to think about it for a bit, but decided to go. If nothing else then at least to hang with the crowd I usually play with and go to tournaments with.

So which army are you gonna play Jens, you might be asking?


Thats where it gets interesting. We are slightly out of my comfort zone which would be Chaos marines, Grey Knights or Dark Eldar.

I will be playing Imperial Guard with Grey Knight allies.

A beating stick I have been on the recieving end of alot of times. In the next eight days I plan on getting in at least three and hopefully a few more test games with the army.

Its pretty straight forward but deployment and movement with 6 flyers on the table is gonna take some practise and thought to not screw myself.


The army list


Company command squad: astropath, 4 flamers
Platoon command squad: 4 flamers
Infantry squad: flamer
Infantry squad: flamer
Veteran squad: 3 flamers

3x 2 Vendettas: 2 heavy bolter sponsons

3x 1 Manticore: heavy flamer

Coteaz
Inquisitorial Henchman Squad: 1 Banisher, 2 Warrior Acolytes
Inquisitorial Henchman Squad: 3 Warrior Acolytes

Razorback: Psybolt Ammunition
 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar